VOICE is governed by a team of 100+ leaders from the member institutions that discuss, ratify, and implement all VOICE’s major campaigns and actions. There are usually four to six Action Team Meetings a year.
Serving as VOICE’s board of directors, clergy and lay leaders from our member organizations are elected to serve three-year terms on the Strategy Team. The Strategy Team further develops decisions made by the Action Team, sets the strategic direction for the organization. For 2022, the Strategy Team consists of:
- Jacomina de Regt, Secretary: Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington
- Paul Douthit, Treasurer: St. Mary’s Episcopal, Arlington
- Rev. Dr. George Farmer: Olive Branch Baptist Church, PWC
- Rev. Ashley Goff: Arlington Presbyterian Church, Arlington
- Kevin Harris: ARHA Resident Association, Alexandria
- Hilary Horn: Temple Rodef Shalom, Arlington/Fairfax
- Rev. Kristen McBrayer, Co-Chair: Emmaus United Church of Christ, Fairfax
- Rev. Mandy North, Manassas Church of the Brethren, PWC
- Saif Rahman: Dar Al-Hijrah, Fairfax/Arlington
- Rev. Dr. Keith Savage, Co-Chair: First Baptist Church Manassas, PWC
- Rev. Michael Sessoms, Little Union Baptist Church, PWC
- Rev. Alice Tewell: Clarendon Presbyterian Church, Arlington
Four members of the Strategy Team make up the Executive Committee, which meets often with VOICE staff and represents VOICE formally: The two co-chairs (Rev. Dr. Keith Savage and Rev. Kristen McBrayer), treasurer (Paul Douthit) and secretary (Jacomina de Regt).